Wednesday, June 22, 2005

Grad School.

Sorry for the recent lack of updates. My life's been something of a mess lately.

First I found out that it wasn't likely that I was going to be able to start grad school for another year. I pretty much freaked out over it, and wanted to throw myself in front of a train and all that. It was an overreaction, but sometimes I like melodrama. I was worried about money, getting old, and looking like a putz for yet another largely under-employed year.

Then I found out yesterday that I could start grad school this year. In fact, I could start that night. They messed up my (and nearly everyone else's) file, and if I wanted to risk spending a quarter as Grad Non-Degree student instead of an official Grad Student, then I could "probably" make into the real program by Fall. I was much more worried about this when they told it to me than I am now. I went to class last night, and found out that only four of the thirteen people in my class are technically in the program currently; all the rest of us are messing with this Grad Non-Degree issue. So at least I'm note alone; hopefully they'll make something work for us.

This has been one of those weeks when my faith was tested. Not in whether or not I believe in God, but in whether or not I trusted Him to work things out for me for the better. I still don't know how all this is going to turn out in the end, but I'm increasingly confident that it's all going to work out how it should, even if I don't get what I want.

So it's been crazy trying to figure out whether I need another job, and how that would work out with my other responsibilities. And then figuring out financial aid, and grad non-degree applications, and yada yada yada. I actually had to borrow a notebook from The Boy last night to even go to class. Life is crazy sometimes. But good.

I can't complain. I'm very fortunate. And very thankful.

More blogs soon.