Wednesday, October 23, 2002

I had strange dreams last night.

The first one happened right before my alarm clock went off. It was more like a vision than a dream, or it seemed more like one because it was just a flash of an image. I looked out of a window, and a gas station was on fire. Not normal fire. Explosion fire. When my alarm clock went off, I jumped all the way out of my bed; it took me a while to figure out where I was.

I decided to go back to sleep for another hour. I dreamed I went to a football game, and all my friends were there, except none of them would talk to me really. It wasn't that they were snubbing me. They had just been doing stuff before I arrived, and my presence clearly inhibited their ability to keep up. I left the game, walked the short distance to my grandmother's house (which, in reality, is many miles of course), I was so depressed I was almost in tears. I sat in my grandmother's chair, and she came out and sat in the one beside me. She's 90, but she seemed to have the mentality of a child. She saw, for the first time that her own chair was blue. She laughed and giggled. And my depression grew expotentially. My alarm clock went off and woke me up. I was glad.

I can't shake the sleep from my brain. I'm having a hard time discerning reality and dream still.