Thursday, December 11, 2003

I'm having difficulty writing in this thing lately. I just don't have much to say. Which isn't to say that my life isn't eventful, because the reality is that I've been doing much more than I usually do.

Last night, for example, I went to Jasmin's for this post-finals/Christmas celebration sort of thing. It was good, even though I felt like hell throughout. I've managed getting another kidney infection. I'm hoping I can trick my mother into thinking that I haven't got one, though she always figures it out somehow. I think it's the random bouts of looking feverish and being tired that give it away. But if she finds out that I have one, I'm going to have endure hours more perfectly sensical speeches about how I need to go to the doctor. Well, I say nay, mother! I shall suffer silently and never go to the doctor, common sense be damned!

I don't know why the hell I'm so stubborn about some things. But I don't like doctors. Or hugs. Or spiders. Or clowns. And these distates aren't static. They're ingrained. And while I realize rationally that doctors can help you to feel better, as I suppose, theoretically, so can hugs; and while I realize that the likelihood of spiders or clowns really hurting me is relatively low, I'm so not taking my chances on the dirty bastards.

So, it's vacation, though I still have a little work left to do. While I have scores of things to do in one sense, in another, I haven't as much to do as usual. Christmas shopping for my family has pretty much dwindled to nothing. I can remember spending weeks on it as a kid, but now it's usually more like a couple of hours on some lazy afternoon and I'm done. I worry much more about what I get people than what I get. And this year, I'm fairly happy with stuff I'm getting for non-family members. But the family is difficult as hell; I don't know why we have to be so stubborn about some things.

What I'm really looking forward to, is seeing Mike this weekend. I guess we're going to do something fun. Maybe a Mohican Day. The weather, outside of being rainy the past few days, has been sort of nice for it. Much warmer than it had been.