Friday, November 29, 2002

So, Thanksgiving over.

I had all of the nephews and nieces here, except James.

The food was good and I ate too much.

I made a promise to myself to hang out with the family more. I wonder if I’ll follow through.

Jody came over and we watched the Sound of Music. She fell asleep at one point. I looked like I wanted to. I didn’t dislike the movie though; I just exhausted myself eating. It is a damn corny film.

Corny reminds me of somebody. Now I’ll be thinking about that somebody all night. That’s alright though, I don’t mind thinking about him.

I told people tonight that I didn’t ever want to get married. I’ll bet they think I’m gay or something. I’m not gay. I just don’t believe in love, and I’m not religious, so marriage seems superfluous.

I think, in many ways, my life is geared toward filling the gaps that other people leave. I think I’m okay with that.

I wish April was up, and would call me. I feel like talking to somebody.

Why does everyone have to go to bed by one in the morning? The night’s hardly just begun.

I need to learn that feeling comfortable talking about myself is not sufficient cause for doing so.

I think I'm going to go to bed, even though I'm not tired enough to sleep and will likely just lay in bed thinking about how I ought to be writings papers, or in any case stories or poems or something creative. I haven't felt creative lately though. I can't wait for Christmas break.