Sunday, December 22, 2002

News for today, my niece Brianne is coming to live with us until a "little after Christmas." This could be very good, or very bad, depending. Considering, for starters, that we've got lots of presents to open Christmas morning, and none of them are marked "Brianne," it could be troublesome. But I'm going to get her some stuff tonight. Trouble is, I have no idea what to buy a teenage girl for Christmas, given that, though I was technically a teenager once, and indeed technically of the female persuasion, I have never ever been a teenage girl.

I know she likes music. But I don't know what cd's she owns, or what cd's she wants, so it might prove a difficult buy.

I know she likes clothes. But, hell, do you see how I dress? I don't know what people are supposed to wear.

I know she likes candy. But, she's on a restricted diet because of the baby, so it seems cruel to tempt her.

Baby stuff might not be a bad idea, but she's only a few months in, and mom says you're not supposed to get baby stuff for anybody until they're five months in. Plus, we've no clue if it's a boy or a girl, and people are weird about insisting that things have to be either blue or pink, so, no go.

What are general things that people buy? Think for me, people.