Wednesday, March 19, 2003

Got up early to study for German. No, really, I really did get up early to study for German. Stop laughing, damnit. I got all the way out of bed and everything. Early.

Okay, fine, so here's the hitch. I got up early to study for German, but the second I woke up, my mom had me on the computer fixing something for her. And that killed it. All my good intentions obliterated in a mushroom cloud of needing to check blogs and boards. Subterfuge, I say. Et tu, Mother, et tu.

Still, I have a bit of studying to do. And you can bet I haven't made my Poetry recording yet. So I really have to get on that. And I really will. No, really. Stop laughing. I'm also going to finally make it to the bank today, as well as get some gas in my car, and take a good sized walk since the weather's already starting to turn bad again and I want to soak up the last bits of niceness, oh yes, and I've needed stamps for a good while now, and I still have to track down Air India's phone number, and...hey, what are you laughing about? Hey, you, I told you to shut up! I got up early today, so don't act like I'm procrastinating! Stop laughing damnit! I'll give you something to cry about! I really will! But first, I'm going to find some breakfast, and study German, and you know, take a shower and stuff, and...I TOLD YOU TO STOP LAUGHING. I'll get to all of it, I really will.

It strikes me suddenly that on my Art History final, I actually wrote things like: "DaVinci was a genius because his work is capable of the transcendence of even art illiterate society itself. Ghiberti was a genius, sure, but has your average art-ignorant man on the street ever heard of Ghiberti? Absolutely not. But even the most art illiterate Americans have a passing familiarity with the Mona Lisa and the Last Supper." And I used the phrase: "I mean, you know you're talking about a genius when you can reasonably suggest that perhaps the fellow had superhuman sight." I used "sure," a rhetorical question, and "I mean, you know you're talking about" in a formal essay? I've been blogging too damn much.

YOU STOP LAUGHING! I'm really going to study now. I really am.

Really.

I'm...just...going...

Now...

Really, I am...

HEY! Last Final today!

I know, I know...

I'm going....

Right...well...