Tuesday, August 19, 2003

I haven't had much to say lately. It's been kind of a reclusive time. I've been mostly just thinking about moving and adding the Journalism major and such. And about various nephews and nieces. Turns out my niece Brianne had her baby and it's a boy. He was born August 6th. But I don't know his name. My other niece is going to go this damn vocational school which makes me unhappy. But I can't make anyone's choices for them. Which is probably a good thing in the long run, considering how much agonizing I do over my own.

I'm a little disturbed about how alone I've found myself recently. I don't fit in in any of my old social circles anymore. The so-called intellectuals I've begun to view as rebellious children. The anti-intellectuals are almost exhausting to talk to because they have nothing to say. I think I'm purposely alienating myself.

In some ways, I almost feel like I'm retreating in order to prepare for something great. But mostly, I think I'm just getting beaten down by things.