Friday, August 08, 2003

I’ve had a good couple of days. In the midst of my usual summertime slumber, I’ve actually gotten out of the house a little.

The other day, I kind of can’t remember which one it was, April and I had a day out on the town. We went to Paul’s and had banana splits. We did roundies. We went to the County Fair. We ate cheese and mayonnaise on pumpernickel sandwiches; and Nutella. We had a rare car chat at my house.

Then yesterday, Angela and I went to Columbus because we were bored. We went to this placed called Dave and Busters, which is like a Chuck-E-Cheese for adults. We won kazoos and played the mothas all the way back home to Mansfield. We went to Denny’s and ate fries (hers were seasoned, mine were just plain French). We watched About Schmidt, which was a movie I very much liked, and think I’ll rent to see again.

Today I went to El Campesino’s for an apparently impromptu history club meeting. We accomplished precious little of course, but we did have a hell of a good time. I forget how much I like people when I don’t see them for a while. And Nikki is maybe going to hook me up with exactly the kind of job I like; the short-term project kind, in which I can do something just long enough to not get bored with it, and then be done for good and walk away with money.

On the opposing side of things though, my mom's oxygen tanks came today. That's pretty depressing. But I guess we've been through it before.