Thursday, October 30, 2003

It doesn’t feel like a Thursday today. Though so far as Thursdays go, this is bound to be a bad one. For the remainder of this morning I’ll be doing my Roman Republic reading, and for the rest of the day I’ll be cramming for my Ohio History exam. I don’t think the latter will really be all that bad, but it’s better to overstudy for a first test. And once that’s over, I have to go to some speech or something, by some guy that I don’t really care about at all. So I can’t anticipate being home until late this evening. I hate that.

I hate the way I set myself up for these horribly rushed days by procrastinating while I have perfectly good amounts of free time to do stuff in. When I procrastinate, I always tell myself that a little laziness is necessary to sanity. And while this is probably true, I think I abuse that line of logic.

I don’t know what the hell is wrong with my body right now, but I’m producing these freak, strong as tree limb fingernails. I was just trying to bite my nails and nearly chipped a tooth. Damn.

Last night, I came home, slept from four ‘til eight, and again from midnight to seven. That’s 11 hours of sleeping. And while it felt damn good, and was probably necessary from my week full of catching an hour or two here and there, my eyes hurt now, from having too much sleep. You can’t win for losing. Or as the sad little boy on the Peanuts Halloween special tells us: “I got a rock.”