Sunday, October 26, 2003

Tonight, my mind is everywhere but ancient Rome. And ancient Rome is the only place that it needs to be. I can’t believe how long I’ve been writing this most mediocre of papers.

I really, really hate this class. I hate the subject, though it always seemed interesting before this damned class. I’m beginning to hate the professor, though I always liked her before. I hate writing the papers, and while I always hate papers, it’s rarely this intense a hate. I hate never knowing what I’m doing. I hate that I’m beginning to settle for less than perfect grades in a class that ought to piss me off and make me work harder.

I just wish I could concentrate for a minute. It’s not that I don’t have the information in me. Or that I can’t make the arguments. It’s that I don’t bloody feel like it, and I can’t seem to make myself do it. I want to talk about something fun for once.

When do I get to write, say: The Simpsons and Family Guy: A Comparative Treatise, hmm?

I have three pages out of a minimum of five written. If I slap a conclusion on the end and enlarge my font slightly, I can just stretch it out. But that’s shameful, yes? And won’t get me a good grade, yes? Maybe I can fix it in the morning.

I love Aqua Teen Hungerforce.