Saturday, October 18, 2003

A strange and stress filled weekend so far.

Yesterday I went on a field trip to an ice cream museum. It was a lot of fun because our Prof. bailed on us, and it was just a group of us hanging around and eating ice cream. It would be mostly unfunny to reprint the very many running jokes we created, but among my favorites were Nikki’s drooling problem, Jasmin’s inability to use words when ordering – she reverts to caveman grunts, and Austin’s loud making fun of people who are sitting right behind him.

On the way home, Jasmin got sick. So while I was supposed to pick Brittany up at 3:30 in Columbus, I didn’t even get home until a little after four. I freakin’ hauled ass down to her school, and picked her up at five. In the meantime, my family was in hysterics. They even called the Highway Patrol, because I’m never, ever, late for anything, and I was an hour and a half off with no phone call. How boring is my life that my family calls the Highway Patrol when I’m an hour late?

The only joyful part of that story was when I was doing 85 down 71 and I saw a car on the side of the road ahead of me. It didn't look like a cop, but I had a feeling. So I slowed down to 70, quickly, and the jackass who'd been on my ass went to pass me, and got pulled over. Hell yeah! I then resumed speeding. Weeeeeeeeee!

Anyway, after that, I went to the football game and to play pool with Angela. It was fun and relatively cheap.
I came home and worked on my paper.

This morning, Jody, Angela and I went to see Jack Black’s School of Rock. It was okay. Jody loved it. Must be a teacher thing. Now I’m getting ready to work on my paper.