Wednesday, April 28, 2004

I'm tired as hell. Today was long. Well, I suppose technically it wasn't any longer than any other day. But I was so damn busy. It was one of those days that didn't entail a minute's free time. I woke up, took a shower, ate breakfast while I read for school. Went to my first class, read for my second class. Had my second class, immediately started doing homework for the third class. And when that was done, I got to study for my exam. Then, of course, I had said exam and went home. But I wasn't free yet because my mom had about thirty things for me to do.

Tomorrow may be better. And maybe it won't be because I have to finish my prospectus. I have the first page of five done, and I have a pretty good idea about what information needs to go into the next four pages. Plus I've got my bibliography all done now, and that's quite a chunk of time. Nevertheless, I've been so scatter brained lately that I can't seem to choke coherent thoughts out onto the screen; that's a strange metaphor now that I think about it. It's frustrating, anyway, and I know I'll be spending a lot of time tomorrow on that damned paper.

I'm finding myself strangely youthful lately. Juvenile I mean. I keep having these adolescent junkets of emotion. One minute I'm really pissed off; the next I'm just so positively apathetic. I'm always telling myself that I don't care what anybody thinks, all the while being vaguely aware of just how hard I'm working to make a few other people happy. Or me happy through the approval of a few people.

I don't know. A strange girl in my English class gave me a pen today. She said she stole like a hundred of them from work. I don't know why she gave me a pen though. She didn't seem to be giving pens to anyone else. It made me strangely happy. It was kind of the high point of my day. Not only because she gave me a pen, but because I like the pen. And I've been needing a new pen too.

Yes, well, I'm very tired. Off to sleep.