Sunday, June 06, 2004

Finals Weekend.

I've been so busy I haven't had time to write, even though it doesn't feel like I've really been doing anything.

Friday, April, her little brother Jason, and I went to see the new Harry Potter movie. I messed up a bunch of kids lives by telling Jasmin that there were parts that might sort of scare them, if the second movie gave them nightmares. If they ever find out that I'm the reason they're not allowed to see it until they're older, they'll kill me. It was a nice day.

We also played catch. I apparently pulled muscles in my sides or something, cause the next day I woke up with sore sides like crazy. I'd forgotten about playing catch already, and I would have assumed that would hurt my arm and not my side, so it was sort of crazy for a while trying to figure out what the hell was wrong with me.

The most important part of the day was when April cleaned my truck. My truck was totally disgusting. I refuse to take the blame for it, cause it's really my dad's truck, and he was the one getting mud and cigarette smoke all over it. But it was nasty, anyway. And now it smells much better. It smells suspiciously like April, to be sure, but I guess that beats crusty old cigarette smoke smell. Thanks LoLo!

Yesterday was spent looking over my 598 paper. I didn't feel like my prof had ripped my paper all that bad when I first got my review, and I guess he didn't. But the corrections I have to make are still taking me hours. My introduction is much better now, and it was my idea to do a lot of it. But he took away my organizational structure pretty much, so it's sort of a pain in the ass to have to redo so much of my paper, which he called well-written. Yeah, well, the editorial process bites.

The really good news of today is that my niece Jessica is in labor. I was hoping the kid would be born on my birthday, but for Jessica's sake, I suppose today is okay too. If she hadn't gone into labor by the 10th, they were going to induce, so I had a pretty good chance of sharing my birthday with the kid. Anyway, I'm going up to see her in a while, and hopefully the baby will be born by then.

I'll post pics later if I get any.