Friday, November 22, 2002

The things people consider vices are funny.

My mom's a clean person, I'm a messy person.

Today, I finally broke down and cleaned my room. This is the first time I've done so in over a year. I knew she was asleep, so I was sneaking around and trying to get it done before she woke up. She stays out of my room mostly, so I hoped she wouldn't notice until I messied it up a bit again. I was in the hallway with a dustrag when I heard the door crack open.

I jumped into the nearest room and threw my dustrag behind the door. She was onto me. "What are you doing?" she asks. "Umm...about to go blog," I respond cooly. "Nothing else?" she further interrogated, "What were you just doing?" I got an angry look on my face to let her know she was crossing boundaries; in animal language I barred my teeth. "Checking the little room computer" I responded pleasantly. She backed down, knowing she'd been defeated. But I'm watching her. I know she'll try to weasel her way into my room somehow tonight.