Saturday, January 11, 2003

I'm sitting here waiting to get yelled at. It's not an entirely unpleasant feeling; though it is a mostly unpleasant one. It's the waiting that gets me. Once the yelling begins, I'll be fine. I'm arrogant enough to survive any assault. But the waiting is daunting.

Last night I realized that I'm godawful defensive about my friends. Even when they aren't being attacked, I'll jump to defend them. I don't know if it's a good trait or a bad one. I've always been the loyal sort, but I'm not sure I would have been so quick to jump to anyone's defense before; not as a matter of defending my mates anyway. I used to care more about making sure my friend was in the right. Now I just care that they're my friend. I don't think clannishness is a virtue really; but loyalty is, so I'll consider it a good thing for the time being.

My biggest enemy in my battle against watching television is my father. Even though he actually watches precious little television, he insists on having it on at all hours of the day. He likes the background noise aspect of it I think, which is exactly what I'm trying to eliminate. To be fair, he'd probably be nearly as happy reading a book or something, but my mom freaks out every time she catches him reading.

I'm going to play Bingo tonight! With drunken parents that aren't my own! It'll be great!