Tuesday, June 10, 2003

Blogger's been a bitch today. I've posted the same basic message repeatedly, except it won't post. This is my last effort for the night.

I've felt pretty lousy all day. I packed up my stuff, and I felt doubly awful. I can't explain why but I have this godawful sense of impending doom. It may just be that I suspect my own happiness. I've always felt that Jesus was spot on when he said in the Gospels: "Blessed are ye that weep now: for ye shall laugh...Woe unto you that laugh now! for ye shall mourn and weep."

My parents had a surprise birthday party for me today. Just the rents and my brother and his wife, but I got nearly $100 and a lot of cake, which is pretty nice. I got my license finally. I feel quite like an adult with a blue license. It's an odd thing that that's the most profound thought I've had about my 21st birthday thus far. I guess I'm too busy to think much.

Hopefully tomorrow will be better.