Friday, June 06, 2003

Today went pretty quickly. I almost felt a little sad that this quarter's pretty much over. I don't like my classes much, but I have friends in all of them and I usually have a bit of fun. There are no guarantees for the fall. Though I do know six of the eleven kids currently signed up for my Roman Republic course, so that one should be fun anyway.

I've been feeling oddly depressed again today. I'm assuming it's just anxiety mixed with frustration. But as I write this, I'm sort of harboring a vague hope that maybe I'll die in my sleep tonight and go to a nice long rest.

I think the Hulk looks like an incredibly stupid movie.

My English professor told us a great story today. Apparently when he was a student at the University of Toronoto, they took their final exams in a converted hockey rink, lined with rows of desks. Squirrels had a tendency to get up into the rafters. And one year during finals time, one of the squirrels slipped, fell down quite a distance, and splatted all over some poor girl's final exam. She stared at it for a second, then promptly passed out. The moral of the story? Don't worry too much about your finals, at least you don't have to worry about squirrels raining down on you from the heavens. But then again, this is an English Bible class, and God inflicted stranger plagues on people over time. Perhaps it would be a fitting recompense for our general irreverance.