Thursday, September 11, 2003

I'm a jerk today. I decided I'd rather stay home and read than go to a meeting. Technically, I'd already announced that I couldn't go to the meeting because I had to pick up my niece, but my niece emailed last night and asked me to pick her up later, so I really could have gone. But I read the Brothers Karamazov and a couple of Flannery O'Connor short stories instead. Frankly, I think I got the better deal out of it.

Gah, I'm one of the rare people in the world that regularly shirks responsibility to stay home and read. It all started in first grade, when I feigned illness to stay home and read my little orange-book biography of Ethan Hale. I'm such a nerd.

Did I ever mention that I named this blog after the Flannery O'Connor story (named, of course, after the Psalm), "Why Do the Heathen Rage?"