Wednesday, February 25, 2004

Life is kind of nice right now. Everything’s calmed down for the most part. I have only two lingering complaints. The first, my car was not fixed by our $20 cure, in spite of initial evidence to the contrary, so now I have to actually take it in to the mechanics. The second, it seems that one of my two remaining wisdom teeth is in the process of impacting, and is giving me annoying headaches. I’m not scheduled to go to the dentist until April 1st, which I consider a lousy day to go a dentist anyway, being April Fools Day and all that, so I may have to move the appointment up.

I was going to try to write something funny about dentist appointments on April Fools Day, but as nothing particularly clever is forthcoming, you’ve been spared from having to read it.

So today is Ash Wednesday, marking the beginning of the Lenten season. I always find this time of year particularly depressing. Never for any of the right reasons, of course. Usually I just feel bad because I ought to be more spiritual, and I really never am. But maybe this year will be different. I’m going to see The Passion of the Christ this weekend with Angela, and that ought to be interesting. I’ve been looking forward to it for a long time.

Ach, I just glanced at the clock, somehow I’ve managed to pass half an hour without noticing it was gone. I have to leave for school in a minute.