Tuesday, February 24, 2004

Not a hell of a lot going on in my life. I've busied myself mostly by taking care of some of the nagging details of life that I couldn't take care of while I was so busy. For instance, yesterday I finally got around to making my bed for the first time since the second week of school or so. I've been catching up on my non-essential reading (note: that doesn't mean I've had the chance to read anything for fun; I'm just reading stuff I was required to read before, that I knew I could get away with not reading). I finished my paper up yesterday and turned it in. I've gotten some old papers and exams back, finally. I have an A- in Russian History, an A in African History, and an A- in Astronomy as of the seventh week of the quarter; but all that means jack of course, when finals average 40% of your grade.

I'm reading a book for school that I rather like called Novel With Cocaine. The novel is partitioned into several parts, and I've only finished the first two. But it seems almost like a Russian Catcher in the Rye. That is, imagine J.D. Salinger on a Dostoevsky kick. I'm chopping at the bit on finishing it. It's what I want to be doing right now. But instead I'm going to head back to school. Meh.

On the bright side, my dad may have fixed my car today. If the fix sticks, it's only cost me $20. That's freakin' awesome.

But, anyway, back to school I go.