Saturday, February 21, 2004

Today has been the answer to how much everything in my life has sucked recently. It's been a really nice day.

We're redoing my mom's room right now. It actually looks nice, which is rare for a room in my house. My mom's kind of color blind, though she won't admit it, so usually we end up with jacked up color schemes. But my sister-in-law helped this time and it's much better. Also, it was kind of fun.

I forget sometimes how much I like my family. Sometimes your family are the only people who share enough of your experiences to really understand your outlook on life. My family are really the only folks who get my sense of humor. For example, it's probably only my brother and I who could laugh so hard at my mother's remark on seeing a begger: "I don't understand why people like that don't get jobs. It's got to be easier in the winter to just get a job instead of standing out on the cold streets all the time." My mom's sort of like Archie Bunker sometimes. She says these really messed up things that end up being much more right, in their own way, than what anybody else is saying.

Anyway, I spent the day with my mother, brother and sister-in-law. Brett and I treated mom to El Campesinos. And then Brett treated mom and me to milkshakes afterward. We went to stores and things too, which, I'm not exactly big on. But it was fun because Brett's good to go to stores with. We have similar interests. We were looking through dvds when I saw Monty Python's The Life of Brian. I picked it up to look at it because it's one of the only movies I actually own; VHS form, anyway. But it was taped to another dvd, on sale. That dvd was Time Bandits. I busted because that's actually the only other VHS movie I own. The movies are basically unrelated; one of the Monty Python guys did work on Time Bandits, but it wasn't a Monty Python production, so it's strange that they were put together. I guess somebody, somewhere, has a sense of humor like mine and thought that coupling could actually sell well together. It was only $17 and I came very close to buying it. But I just paid off my credit card bill today and thought maybe it'd be nice to try conserving the old bank account for once. Especially with my car acting up.

My family's trying to convince me to go into nursing. It's almost tempting because nursing pays so damn well. But I don't know that I'm cut out for that sort of thing. But then again, it pays so damn well. Who's not cut out for that?