Monday, October 28, 2002

I’m in a good mood. I think I did well on my German exam. I got my Early Christian History paper back and I scored an A-. There was a time when an A- wouldn’t have been good enough for me. But Dr. Tanner grades papers incredibly hard. Since I usually pull mid B’s, an A- is enough to make me get up and dance. Well, History exam tomorrow, History exam Thursday, and that’s it for midterms. Yay!

I’m quite hungry at the moment. I think I’m going to bring a bag of Doritos with me to Brianne’s house. Yes, my healthy diet does contribute to my smashing good looks, girls.

Final note about school. Crimony, Jeff’s annoying. He’ll whine and whine about how hard his life is, and if you say something as small as “I’m tired,” he does this poor baby skit. I thought it was something he did to just me because he didn’t like me or he thought that I was spoiled or something. But I’ve seen him do it to other people too; people he doesn’t even know and who certainly have lives and problems far greater than his. No wonder so many people hate him and won’t talk to him.

Today in class he was whining about how I get good grades. “What’s that? Sarah spoke in class? Give her 20 bonus points!” Fat chance, mate. I work hard to get good grades. I spent 11 hours working on my A- paper, he spent five on his C+ paper; now, do you figure the difference in grade is just that our teacher likes me more? No, I work for good grades. I’d rather be watching television than working on papers too, just like anybody else. But instead I work hard and my reward is higher grades. If he applied himself more, I’m sure he’d do just as well. And don’t give me crap about how I’m intelligent and school work is harder for other people. Granted, people have different natural abilities. But I wasn’t born one whit smarter than Jeff, or anybody. So if I’m more intelligent than they are now, it’s only because I worked to become more intelligent.

Life isn’t easy. If you want something, anything, you have to work for it. I’m fine with people who don’t feel like working (hell, I graduated high school with a 2.1 or so GPA). I’m fine with people who put forth some effort and whine because their actual result was less than the result anticipated. But if all you want to do is drag somebody else down because they worked harder and achieved something greater than you, shut the hell up and work harder next time. If you seriously believe that a teacher’s playing favorites and screwing you over, take it to the administration. If you just want to use that as an excuse to justify your own lack of effort and poor results, I don’t want to hear about it.

How’d I get from “I’m in a good mood” to “shut the hell up?” ::shrugs::