Monday, January 06, 2003

So, first day of school today.

I've been dreading it more than usual. I'm not sure why. I guess because last quarter ended on such a low note. But today wasn't so bad. Biology looks boring as hell; but tolerable, I guess. I think I've gotten through worse. I'm going to try to convince myself that Biology is really very interesting underneath it all and I just need to apply myself to figure out how. Experience tells me this approach will fail, and fail miserably.

I remember more German than I thought I would. I guess I ought to review the last section we did before class tomorrow when studying begins in earnest. But I'm slacking already, so I won't. I'm not used to being out of class so early in the day. I'm also grabbing for the remote out of pure reflex. I stopped myself. I wonder how I'll do tomorrow when I have to go back in the evening for Art History. That's another boring class. It has interesting moments, but on the whole it's pretty flat. I hope I have a friend or two in there. Friends make Art History fun.

Outside of that, I'm about to go to the library. I don't know if I should get much out. On the one hand, with going back to school and all, I might be rather busy. On the other, since I've put the ban on television, I have quite a bit more free time. I need some suggestions for books. I think I'm going to get some Hesse and Kafka out, because Rory told me to. But I want something else interesting too. Maybe some travel stuff, I don't know. Possibly I'll get cds as well. I could use new sounds. Suggestions much appreciated on that as well.