Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Sorry for not blogging yesterday; miraculously, it totally slipped my mind.

I was having a distracted day. Actually, I don't even remember much of it. I woke up, wrote a story, went to buy food, came home and watched about two hours of television (which, while I have largely put a stopper on my tv watching, is pretty normal for Monday since it's my favorite tv night), did some homework, then went to sleep.

I wonder if it's normal for twenty-year old writers to write stories about middle aged characters. I think the usual tendency is for young people to write about young people, or perhaps, very, very old people; but, during the action sequences, the old people are always having flashbacks and being young. Not me. I'm always off being different.

I was thinking last night of a girl I went to high school with. She went off to college, and so far as I know, no one's heard from her since. I saw her once, at my nephew's graduation, but I didn't stop to talk to her. I don't know why I didn't. I was sort of snobby about it. I think it amused me at the time. I feel bad about it now. I didn't like her much in high school; but I didn't hate her. She never did anything serious to me personally, and I know she had some serious issues going on in her head. It's strange that I make a habit of being nicer to people on a daily basis than I do on special occasions.

Anyway, I wonder what she's doing now. And I wonder if people from my class remember me sometimes, or wonder what I'm doing. I'm surprised how much I think about them; even kids I never spent a lot of time talking to. Mind you, I'm not getting nostalgic. I hated high school, and I think I would cause serious harm to myself and others, if I had to go through all that again. I didn't even attend high school my 11th grade year. I homeschooled to stay away from the bastards. But I still wonder if they're okay; and I hope that they are. I'm surprised all of my grudges from back in the day have largely faded. I thought they'd hang on forever.

In even less pleasant news, I have a Bio Quiz today, and off the top of my head, I couldn't even tell you what we've been studying for the last week. So I guess I better get off of here and give the old notes a look through.