Tuesday, January 14, 2003

Yay! Crashed my laptop! It's running so smoothe now. Much, much quicker. Now if I only had broadband. Angela's getting DSL; Brett's getting a cable modem. But me? No, no, I live even further out in hillbillyville than either of them. Jerks. They suck for having a better locale.

In other news, my dad doesn't have cancer. Yay! He does have mad high cholesterol. I might be worried about that, if he hadn't had mad high cholesterol before I was even born. Besides, possible future heart problems don't get me as riled as present threats of cancer. I'm busy being happy for the time being.

I want to see the weird new Mel Gibson Jesus movie. If you haven't heard about it, I guess what he's doing is making one of, or perhaps the, most graphic depiction(s) of the life and death of Christ, ever recorded in film. It'll be filmed only in Latin and Aramaic; I would assume that, mercifully, there will be no subtitles. It's supposed to be amazingly historically accurate and all that. I'll spare my philosophical musings on the concept. But I really want to see it. I've never been a big fan of Mel Gibson, but this sounds pretty awesome.

There was a great exchange about it on Bill O'Reilly's show tonight. It went something like, but don't quote me here:

Bill: Do you think people will be offended or surprised by the graphic depiction of the violent death of, the man who some people believe, was God?
Mel: I think most people "in the know" about the Jesus story are already aware that he died pretty violently.

I have German exams the next two days in a row. If I were smart and responsible, I'd be studying now. On the bright side, I have to help write a dialogue in German about an imaginary trip my group and I once took. My group is apparently writing ours about the time we went to London, to meet Billy Idol. It was great, we were trying to translate song titles. And the best any of us could do was "Tanzen mit mich...umm...mir!" Which is "Dancing With Myself," sort of. In reality it translates better to: "Dancing With My Me." What do you expect? We've only been studying the language for eleven weeks! Billy Idol's vocabulary wasn't built in a day, you know.