Saturday, April 19, 2003

Today, I'm not happy.

First, my mother decided that because she has to work Sunday night, having Easter on Sunday, you know, when Easter is, would be too hard. So therefore, we're "having" Easter today. Lord knows I'm flexible on these things when there's a good reason. I was the one who originally suggested, some years back, that we could have Thanksgiving a day before it was, since mom was going to be in the hospital on the actual holiday, which was the precedent which spiralled into this. But it seems there should be a line drawn somewhere. There ought to be something between hospitalization, and I don't feel like it, that that line falls. Also, it's Saturday, and it's NOT Easter. This isn't a silly holiday like Thanksgiving, or a birthday, it's pretty much the most important holiday of the year. Not that I'm overly pious or anything. But it's still stupid.

I've basically kept my mouth shut on this. I'm irritated, but I want to get along. But this morning, when I woke up, stumbled out of bed and immediately my mother started nagging me about the state of the living room last night. Now, last night I went to bed sick. So it's insulting to nag me about cleaning. But then she generalized this one experience of a "messy" livingroom (read: shoes in the wrong place, a dirty glass left in the living room and not mine mind you, a blanket fallen down onto a chair instead of hanging on it where it ought be), to an everyday experience. It's "always" that way. Except that it's not. I check the damn living room every night before I go to sleep, even though I couldn't give two damns whether or not it's messy. Double irritation, and I've been awake for two hours.

Trying to salvage some patience for the day. My brother brought Serious Sam over, so I'm going to go install it and play. Killing stuff generally cheers me up.