Saturday, March 13, 2004

So I promised a lot of people I’d blog this weekend, and here it is:

Not a terrible lot has happened in my life since February 26th. The event of most compelling importance was the demise of my poor vehicle. So now I’m in a bit of a spot. I’m broke, as usual, so I don’t have much hope of buying a decent new car. I’m trying to get used to driving stick again, and for the next while I’ll be using my dad’s truck. Those who know me in real life know that I’m hopeless incompetent with all things mechanical, and absentminded to boot. In other words, I was a bad driver on my automatic, and now I’m just plain taking my life into my hands every time I get behind the wheel.

Other than that, I’ve mostly been debating about whether or not I want to graduate this year. I can technically swing it, but I’d have to be at school from 7:50am every day to 10:00pm every night. Considering the misery that’s been being there from 12:30-8:00pm this quarter, I don’t know if my sanity will allow for it. Additionally, I may just slack another year, suck up another major and enjoy my predictable lifestyle. Or, maybe it would be better for me to kick myself in the ass and grow up and finally get a real job and adult life. I’d always hoped I’d be far away from home when that came to pass at last.

But after a lot of agonizing, I think I’ve decided to stay here in Ohio for a while. I have important reasons to stay here; reasons that seem to keep growing all the time. And even though I had a lot of dreams that would take me far away from home, I can’t imagine anything more important than being here right now when I’m needed. More on this later, when I have more time and more liberty to speak freely.

Anyway, I’ve spent the last two days violently ill. Yesterday was worse than today for the most part. I went to sleep Thursday night early because I didn’t feel well, and I woke up at about 2:30 in the morning and started projectile vomiting with such force and finesse that I easily could’ve beat out Linda Blair for the job during casting for the Exorcist, had the two events coincided. Anyway, at some point the vomiting subsided and was replaced by a horrible headache and general feverishness. All I remember of it was that my brother had brought a car out for me to test drive around six, and I didn’t give two damns about the car, except that it had a nice heater that almost stopped my shivering for a while. Almost. I came home after that and slept until about 11am this morning.

Now I’m feeling a lot better. I don’t feel good and I’m still running a fever, but I feel okay. Or I was anyway. My stupid dog went and got stuck under our porch this morning. I don’t know how she managed it. But somehow she crawled under the damn thing, and couldn’t climb out. So I spent about an hour in the back yard, with a shovel, trying to dig a hole big enough for her to crawl out. Between my fever making me weak, the fact that the ground was filled with giant rocks I had to dig out, and her frenzied barking aggravating my headache, it was really a lovely time. But it was worth it when she finally managed to crawl out and ran a few victory laps around the yard.

What I should be doing right now is studying for finals. But I’m just relaxing for a bit instead. I’ve already got one class down pretty much, with only two to go. I really feel sort of ahead of schedule for the time.