Tuesday, January 21, 2003

Good day so far. I think I aced my Biology quiz. And, I seem to be catching onto the dative case in German abnormally fast. Not only abnormally quickly for me, who being a good English speaker, is approximately as comfortable with cases as I am umlauts, but also abnormally quicker than my classmates. This is good news mainly because it allows me to spend much of the next week slacking, and not studying at all. However, I've got an Art History exam Thursday that I'm starting to worry about. I can remember all the information I'm supposed to remember just fine; but I'm having a hell of a time remembering which information goes with which slide. If I had a book, it would be no trouble. But no, I only have the book for the second half of the quarter. Guess I'll spend some time looking everything up on the internet; but I'll do it at school where they have broadband (bless them).

I think, next year I'll take Spanish. I would still prefer taking French, but I'd have to audit it if I did, and that would be sort of a waste. Plus, with the shifting demographics of America, it's probably better for me to take Spanish. I regret that I paid so very, very little attention to French in high school; and also, that the program I was in there was so silly and futile that it wouldn't have mattered even if I had paid attention and applied myself. Though I show no natural aptitude for the aquisition of languages, I'm rather fond of it anyway. I want to learn Hebrew, and Latin, and Greek.

I'm toying with the idea of teaching English as a foreign language after college. Though this time last year I was pretty set on the law thing, I'm beginning to waver on it now that I'm having to study for the LSAT, and what was once fancy is becoming reality. I feel utterly unprepared for adulthood and I don't look forward to my official entry into the workforce. Only a year and a quarter of college left before graduation; and only the remainder of this year before I have to figure out if I want to go to law school right away or not.