Wednesday, January 29, 2003

It's frustrating to be so incredibly tired that you can hardly move, full in knowledge that, seemingly, every school in the world is closed but yours. My old high school was closed. I can't think of any high school in the county that wasn't closed today. But no, I have to go to college. I have to go and be miserable. I keep telling myself that all I have to do is get through this week, and then there'll be lots of time off. But the fact is, there won't be. There'll be the usual weekend, and then I have to come back. It's miserable. I seriously just want to sleep all of the time. Last weekend, I slept like 11 hours a day, and all I could think about was how much I would have like to have been sleeping more.

I don't know why I'm so down on school right now. I'm usually impatient, but this is something else. It probably doesn't help that I got a C on my Biology exam. Generally, I look at poor grades as something of a challenge. But I can't help this one because it wasn't my fault I did poorly to begin with. I take responsibility for my errors when I make them; but this time, it wasn't my fault. For evidence I posit that, with my C, I'm still ranked third in the class. There's extra credit and all. Assuming I do the extra credit, it'll bring this C to well-over a 100%. But still, there's no evidence that the next exam is going to be better, since it's out of my control how well I do.

On the bright side, I got the only A in my Art History class on that exam. There were massive numbers of B's I guess, so it's not like I blew everybody out of the water. But it's cool to be top of the class.

Dude, there's at least a foot of snow on my car! Damnit. Out to defrost I go.