Sunday, May 04, 2003

Attempted Post from Yesterday, that Blogger prevented:

You know, some days, you really shouldn’t bother getting out of bed. Last night, I had one hell of a pleasant evening. I read for a few hours; talked to April and watched South Park for a bit; then read for a few more hours. I went to sleep, had no nightmares, and woke up this morning feeling oddly energized and happy.

I came out of my room, said good morning to the mother and all that. And she sounded depressed. So I asked what was wrong, and she said: “I spilled a whole thing of coffee this morning.” And, thinking that this was a silly thing to depress yourself over – anger yourself, that’s more appropriate – said: “Ahh, yeah, I heard that.” Then she turned on me. “YOU HEARD THAT AFTER I HAD TO DO EVERYTHING TO KEEP YOUR DAD QUIET ALL MORNING? YOU PEOPLE ARE SO HARD TO LIVE WITH!”

Uhh, WTF?

I said: “I heard what I heard. I heard you twice, that was all. Once when you spilled coffee, the other time when you said something loudly to dad, right in front of my door. I’m not mad about it, you shouldn’t be either. You didn’t wake me up, I just heard you is all.”

“YOU’RE LYING. YOU NEVER HEARD ME. YOU ONLY HEARD YOUR DAD. WHY DO YOU LIE TO MAKE HIM LOOK GOOD? I HATE IT HERE. I DO SO MUCH TO MAKE YOU PEOPLE HAPPY AND YOU MAKE IT SO HARD TO LIVE WITH YOU!” ::locks herself in bedroom::

So now I’m not in such a great mood. It hasn’t killed my mood, mind you. But early morning attacks piss me off more than any other. I have a natural difficulty and melancholy in the morning, and if I have to defend myself right off, it has a tendency of setting the mood for the day.

Today should be good. I’m going to read a little. Then tonight, I’m going to April’s. April, her mom and I are going to play Trivial Pursuit (don’t ask why all the board games lately – I have no answer). And we’re going to buy April a microphone for her computer, so she can terrorize Yahoo! Chat with me.

Oh good, Blogger appears to be down. Good mood, strike two. Maybe today will suck after all. Not posted at 12:31PM.