Sunday, March 27, 2005

Tin Jesus.

I'm feeling sort of underappreciated. Or something. I don't know if that's quite the way to put it. I've been feeling disconnected in general lately. Transitions aren't always easy. But there seems to be quite a chasm between what was and what is. I don't think I'm the one who changed.

I guess this is a problem I should have foreseen. My ego is rather precariously attached to an activity that I show no talent for whatsoever. I may have spoiled my own chances. In trying to be all things to all people, I became something rather undersirable to someone that I can't stand not loving me.

There's no turning back. I can try to set a new path, and try to goad the journey down. But it seems that I'm mostly just along for the ride.

If there were any chance I could control it all, I would gladly sacrifice my future, even my life itself. But I'm learning to resign myself to living. I will be a small-time martyr, but never a grand one.

I'll be loved, but never loved best. I'll be followed, but never very far or through very tough terrain.