Friday, January 20, 2006

Mom: They smoke marijuana.

Illness does not become me. Though normally my demeanor is always best described as saintly ::cough::, being sick makes me kind of, erm, grumpy.

I'm not entirely sure what's wrong with me yet. The doctor says I have a viral upper respiratory infection which probably crawled up into my ear canal, hence the dizziness. Of course, you can't really medicate a virus, so I have to stick that part of it out. He put me on a heavy dose of meclizine for the dizziness. The meclizine helps, but damn I'm sleepy. I don't know if it's the infection or the medicine, but I just don't seem to be able to stay awake for anything.

Also, I'm grumpy. Tired and sick grumpy. And way forgetful. Everything has this dreamlike quality and I can never remember if I've already done or said things.

I think maybe this is God teaching me a lesson for making fun of my mom when she takes her ambien. She's so funny, though. She talks in her sleep and her dreams are so funny. The other night she fell asleep while I was using the computer in her room.

She was like:

Mom: "What are they doing? I'll tell you what they're doing. They're down there smoking marijuana!"

::silence for several minutes::

Mom: Mar-i-juan-a!

::silence::

Mom: They're horrible people. You know what they do down there?

::silence for about fifteen minutes::

Mom: They smoke marijuana!


That sounds like a dream I'd like to be a part of.