Wednesday, December 04, 2002

I woke up oddly calm today.

I'd intended blogging yesterday, by the by, but blogger was down when I had the chance.

Anyway, I woke up oddly calm today. I should by no means be calm. If I don't sleep from now until next Wednesday, I think I'll still be behind in my work. But nevertheless, I feel very peaceful.

I had pleasant dreams last night. For the past few months I've had nightmares constantly and I haven't been getting as much sleep as I should. But last night was nice. I had strange dreams about people dying their hair; And I had a dream about him.

I think it's all the G.K. Chesterton I've been reading. I'm paraphrasing here, but something I read of his last night nearly made me cry I laughed so hard (I don't deny that I have an odd sense of humor): "All apologies to the freethinkers. But I still hold that I can think freely."

I have to leave for school soon. Oral exam in German. I think it should be quite easy. Fifteen minutes per group; each group with three kids. I have a known loud mouth in my group, so she'll doubtless kill some time for us. Outside of that we only have to say things like: "I am called Sarah. I am a student. I study History. I am 20 years old. I like to drink beer. I drive my car fast." Huh, that conversation seems to be leading somewhere. For the sake of German practice!: "Ich heisse Sarah. Ich bin studentin. Ich studiere Geschichte. Ich bin zwanzig jahre alt. Ich trinke gern Bier. Ich fahre meinen Neon schnell."