Saturday, October 23, 2004

I've Got to Admit It's Getting Better, Getting Better All the Time...

This past week, I've watched a friend mourn a death. I've celebrated a birth; a little girl, 3lbs 13oz. I've survived a couple of fights. I've talked to a bunch of cops. I've consoled a loved one. I've flown off the handle a few times.

All in all, it was enough eventfulness to have lasted me a couple of weeks.

But tonight I'm feeling pretty at peace with life. Usually I hate Sundays, so it's more than a little unusual to head into one with a smile on my face. But things are looking up.

I've got a little money in the bank. A nephew or niece about to be born. A family that loves me. Good friends; damn good ones. I'm brewing some decent plans for the future. And outside of this damned kidney infection that won't seem to pass, I've got my health and every hope for future growth as a human being.

Life is pretty good.