Monday, March 13, 2006

Swiper, No Swiping!

I had a really good weekend. I've been missing Ty more than I realized. I really love the age he's at now. He gets so excited about things. He can say: "Scooby Doo!" and "SpongeBob!" which, I know, I know, should make me worry about how much tv he watches. But you know, it's winter, and there's not a lot else to do. He also gets excited when Dora the Explorer comes on. He waits for the part where they're like "Swiper, no swiping!" and he goes "Oh man!" with Swiper. I love that. I love that his favorite character is the bad guy.

Mystery Baby's favorite character is Backpack. She'll ignore most of the show until Backpack appears, then she'll dance while he sings. Then she'll put on her monkey backpack and walk around and pretend to find things.

We took the kids to a Mexican Restaurant on Saturday. It was fun. Especially for me, because my baby was mostly well-behaved. Okay, so he did toss a couple of french fries. But Mystery Baby cried and refused to sit in her booster seat. I don't know how much fun my brother had. But hey, the kids and I enjoyed it.

Ty got into a brawl with a girl in the church nursery. Well, insofar as brawls go for infants in church nursery's that is. The girl watching the nursery said she didn't see what caused the fight. She only turned around just in time to see Baby K whack Ty in the head. She tended to blame the little girl. However, I know Ty's true colors. He was almost undoubtedly trying to steal her toy. What he didn't anticipate, however, was that in the real world, people don't just shout "Swiper, no swiping!" They whack you in the head.

Hey, it's good to have a reality check every once in a while. Oh, man!